Lanoguard Treatment Process
1a. Lanoguard Standard Treatment: Stripping of underbody plastics and wheel arch liners. And as below with the Basic Treatment
1b. Lanoguard Basic Treatment: The vehicles underbody is washed thoroughly on a 2 or 4 post lift with a high pressure washer and degreaser, and then with an industrial steam cleaner at 120 degrees. Steam cleaning at 4000 psi ensures that any grease, oil etc. is removed to make sure the products work best and last as long as possible.
2. Drying takes place, often with the aid of heat and dry compressed air
3. Some wire brushing and cleaning of loose rust may be needed prior to treatment.
4. The application of Lanoguard Moto Grease on select areas depending on the vehicle. It is applied to nuts and bolts and will aid future work on the vehicle.
5. Lanoguard Moto Spray is applied to the vehicles underbody and the interal box sections where accessible with a 360 degree nozzle.
6. Vehicle underbody is left to dry. Full curing can take over a week but the first 12 - 24 hours is important to leave the vehicle to dry.
7. Make sure to book in for a basic treatment within 12 months to ensure maximum protection or carry out this simply retreatment yourself as you have had the standard treatment carried out by us.
Features & Technical properties
Lanoguard has a set of features and technical specifications which really set it apart. Once you understand these technical features you can really start to work out all kinds of uses for Lanoguard grease and sprays across all kinds of corrosion protection, waterproofing, electrical and lubrication applications. The Lanoguard features are:
- Natural and much, much longer lasting
- Salt, Acid and Alkaline resistant
- Hermetically seals the surface (so oxidation can’t occur (so rust can’t form nor continue))
- Waterproof (instantly waterproof anything)
- Jet wash resistant to 3000 psi or 200 bar (won't be displaced and will keep protecting after cleaning)
- Petroleum resistant (so petrol or diesel spillage or leakage wont displace it nor mix with it)
- Non-conductive to 70,000 volts (use on all electrics and circuit boards)
- Prevents galvanic corrosion and cold welding
- Prevents electrolysis (no more seized nuts and bolts or outboard motor legs!)
- Non-evaporative (won't dry out like normal grease leaving un-lubricated or protected parts)
- Heat resistant to 450 degrees celsius
- Adheres to all surfaces
- Non-leaching (won't spread to other adjoining surfaces and material)
- Non perishing (safe to use on all rubbers etc)
- Lubricating (amazingly low friction co-efficients)
- Very low friction coefficient
- Ecologically sound (can be used safely in marine environments)
- Our greases are Non-petroleum based (non-toxic or hazardous)
There are so many uses for the product once you truly appreciate and understand the features and properties of Lanoguard. If you think of a new use, let us know! If you have a question as to whether it can be used on a certain application just ask, but usually the answer is YES. Also, because it is natural and all of the things above, there is no harm in trying it on whatever you feel it would benefit. Give it a try by visiting the shop now
Or watch this explainer video for a 1 minute overview of Lanoguard.